- Minimum pass marks shall be 50% in each of the theory and practical papers separately.
- A candidate failing in more than two subjects will not be promoted to the 2nd year
- No candidates shall be admitted to the subsequent 2nd year examination unless the candidate has passed the 1st year examination.
- Provision of supplementary examination shall be made
- All practical examinations will be held in the respective clinical areas.
- One internal and one external examiner ( out side university) shall evaluate dissertation and jointly conduct viva-voice for each student.
- For dissertation, internal examiner shall be the guide and external examiner will be nursing faculty / nursing expert in the same clinical speciality holding Ph.D /M.Phil/M.Sc Nursing with a minimum of 3 years experience in guiding the research projects for Post-graduate students of Nursing.
EXAMINATION ATTENDANCE CRITERIA
- A minimum of not less than 80% in theory and practical/ clinical separately in each subject in each academic year is essential for appearing inthe examination.
- A candidate shall study in the college for the entire period as a full time student.
- No candidate is permitted to work in a hospital/ nursing home/ laboratory/ college while studying this course.
- No candidate should join any other course of study or appear for any other examination conducted by RGUHS or any other university in India or abroad during the period of the Course.
EXAMINATION PASS CRITERIA
- For declaration of pass in any subject in the university examination, a candidates shall pass both in theory and practical/ clinical examination components separately as stipulated below:
- The theory component consists of marks obtained in university written papers and inteernal assessment( theory). for pass in theory a cndidate shall secure not less than 40% marks in university conducted written examination and 50% marks in aggregate i.e marks scored in the universityconducted written examination and internal assessment added together
- For pass in practical/clinical examination, candidate shall secure not less than 40% marks in university conducted practical/clinical examination and 50% marks in aggregate i.e marks scored in the university conducted practical/clinical examination and internal assessment (practical) added together.
- Candidate not securing 40% minimum marks and 50% marks in aggregate in theory or practical/clinical examination in a subject shall be declared to have failed in that subject and is required to appear for both theory and practical/clinical again in the subsequent examination in that subject.
- Subsidiary subjects: for a pass in susidiary subjects, a candidate shall secure 35% of the total marks prescribed for the subjects and has to pass all the subsidiary subjects before appearing for the final year university exams.